305 West Crump Street
Bay City, MI 48706
Tel: (989) 893-9518
Fax: (989) 

Stephen Sevener
Administrative Assistant
Tracy Pinter
Office Associate
Leslie Seibert
MTSS Coordinator
Jerry Carmien
Karen Gillman
Curriculum & Instruction Coach
Elisabeth Endres

School Hours:
8:45am to 3:35pm
Office Hours:
8:00am to 4:30pm

chromebook ins

 Bay City Public Schools


Can my child take medicine at School?
If at all possible, it is recommended that parents give medication to students outside of school hours. If it is necessary for medication to be administered during school hours, Michigan Health Department guidelines must be followed.
No medication can ever be transported to school by students and cannot be accepted from them. The parent/guardian must complete and sign the appropriate form BEFORE any medication can be administered at school. Prescription medications must be in the original bottle and prescribed to the student (student's name on the bottle or package). Over the counter medications cannot be administered by school personnel without a doctor's signature on a school provided medication form. Some of the items covered by this include aspirin, antacids, pain relief, cough drops, anti-itch creams, to name a few.

How much school can my child miss?
School attendance is a very important factor for the academic success of your child(ren). State Law requires enrolled children to have regular compulsory school attendance.  A student is considered truant if they miss more than 10 days during the school year.
Should your child need to be absent from school, please call the school office as soon as possible to report the absence and reason.  If your child's absence is due to an extenuating circumstance like a medical appointment, please provide a doctors note when your child returns to school.

When do we stay inside for recess?
Michigan weather is never the same from one moment to the next.  Students will go outdoors for recess every day unless the weather poses a health or safety risk for them.
It is important to remember that students need to come to school with the proper clothing for the season. Please make sure that your child is dressed appropriately for the weather and consider the fact that your child may be outside for about 20 minutes at lunchtime.
During the Fall and Spring students will remain indoors if the temperature is above 90 degrees (w/ heat index).  Students cannot wear shorts, short sleeves or flip-flops outdoors if the temperature is below 55 degrees.
During the Winter months, students will go out for recess when the air temperature (w/ wind chill) is above 10 degrees. If either the wind chill or actual air temperature is below 10 degrees, students will stay inside.
We gather weather-related information from the websites of local tv stations and weather-related mobile apps.

Can I volunteer at school?
We love our parent volunteers!  Parents and relatives are encouraged and welcomed to volunteer; assisting students as tutors, helping teachers in the classroom or going on field trips, assisting in the Media Center and many other types of Parent Volunteer Association activities. For more information about how you can become a volunteer at Kolb, please contact our Parent Volunteer Coordinators.

Do you offer programs to assist students academically or social-emotionally?
Special programs are offered to students who qualify for specialized services.  Among these programs are:
Speech and Language Therapy
Occupational Therapy
Physical Therapy
Social Work Services
Bilingual Assistance
Indian Education
Gifted & Talented Programs
Special Education Resource Programs

What items should my child NOT bring to school?
In the interest of keeping students focused on learning and to ensure student safety while they are at school, we ask that students not bring toys, glass items, sharp objects, or electronic equipment to school. Our school staff will not be responsible for the loss or damage to such items.

Who can pick up my child from school?
Please update your child's emergency contacts regularly by contacting our records associate in our school office.  Students will only be released to people identified by parents in our student records database.

How is progress monitored and communicated?
Your child's progress is communicated online through Skyward Family Access (daily, mid-term and Semester grading).
Parent/teacher conferences are scheduled twice a year. If, at any time, you are concerned with your child's academic or social-emotional progress, or if you have any questions, you can always call your child's teacher to discuss your concerns and work together to find solutions.